5.06.2012

The World Will Be Watching (The Hunger Games: Movie Review

       Hunger Games Books 
         The series that became the most talked about topic on different social networking sites all around the world, recognized  for its cast and its huge sales on theater, the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins was awarded as the"Best Books of the Year" for the million of copies sold worldwide. The "against all odds" story of Hunger Games brought the series to a phenomenal fame.I haven't read the book yet so I can't say what the story is all about. Based on the film that I watched, let me interpret it the way I saw the film.

           The theme of the story is indeed against all odds, but the way I saw the movie, there's more. There's a deep interpretation for what the story of Hunger Games was trying to say. First, it depicted POVERTY. People are really struggling for food so they could survive. Millions of people around the world are suffering and dying because of HUNGER. Second, the film showed how the Class A manipulates Class E (based on the film) It's true! Some elites use their power, money and influence to control and manipulate poor people. Look at how the people in the City behave and what they eat, what they wear, these were all manifestations that they could get whatever they want and to entertain themselves they use the weakness of poor people which is food to add fun to their so called "perfect life" without considering how inhumane it is.

          If you will look on how I interpreted the movie, you will agree with me. Hunger Games is not just to entertain its audience. Let's always analyze the content of the movie and what does the message really implies. Trust me! You will enjoy the film more. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment