3.06.2012

I am a WINNER

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord. "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11 

This Bible verse is what I hold on and still holding on to after the controversial elections that happened. I lost the presidency, that's the big thing that happened. I lost 200 votes. When I heard the news that my opponent won against me, I don't want to believe it at first because I didn't see the official result with my own eyes. But then, when I went to school to confirm, indeed I lost. I texted my family and told them the shocking news. They all told me one thing, "Maybe God has better plans for you". The first people that I shared my tears with were my Student Council family. They comforted me and gave me encouraging words that made me somehow feel better. I told myself that I will not cry but I can't control it. When I think about everything that I will miss as a Student Council officer, it really makes me wanna cry up to now. 

Now I can say and as my mother said to me, "You passed the challenge of God". Instead of blaming God and get mad at Him, I looked at the bright side. God is an all-knowing God, God is a God of purpose. I believe that everything happens for a reason and I know God has bigger and better plans for me, as one of my friends said. When I checked my Facebook that night, I was surprised there were a lot of people who wrote a message for me saying how much they love and support me. That made me cry again. I don't know how to react to these people so instead of answering them back, I just read their messages over and over again feeling overwhelmed. 


The reasons that I think God wants me to realize are first, He wants me to depend on Him and enough relying on my own understanding because God wants me to make more time with Him. Second, God wants me to have a stronger faith in Him and His one way of testing me is when I sacrifice and let go of one thing that I really love. Third, maybe God wants me to use in different ways after I served inside the school. 

I believe God is preparing me for something which is the best for me and I will put my trust in Him. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the people who gave their full support till the end. May God bless you all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment