12.30.2011

No Boyfriend Since Birth

What?! Really? Why? How come? These are the usual questions I get from the different people I know and met everytime I tell them that I had no-boyfriend-since-birth, with a very surprised tone of voice. I just smile at them and be proud that I am. Not because I hate men and also not because I fall in love with girls. It's a choice and that what I always say. We grew up in a family where my parents taught us to know the right from wrong. We explore things but they never missed to tell us the consequences that we might face on every action that we take. I always thank God for giving me such wonderful parents and siblings who became my mentors and best friends.

Anyway, this blog is not about me actually. It's for every single person out there who is also so called no-boyfriend-since-birth. Let me guess, some of you are proud but some of you are ashamed of the status that you always keep in your closet. Let's elaborate the possible reasons why a person never had a boyfriend since birth.
1. Parents are too strict.
2. Studies first.
3. You can't look for a girl/ boy who is already good enough for you.  
4. You want first and last. 
5. You're waiting for the right person that God has given you. 

Did I hit it right? Well I think that's the basic possible reasons why someone doesn't want to get into a relationship yet. But others has their own unique reasons why they still don't want to commit. 

If you will read all the books that Joshua Harris has written, you will become inspired. That's for sure. Love is not just an ordinary feeling. Love is special, it always has been. Best example is when Jesus Christ died on the cross just to save us from death which is sin. John 3:16 it says, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." Because of love my friend. Because of you and me. Because He loves us so much, Jesus died. That's what I meant when I say love is special. 

If you will ask me, most of the things that were mentioned above were also the reasons why I still don't commit into a serious relationship. But my main reason is because I'm waiting. Saving my love for the person that God has given me. I know he is just somewhere. What I'm doing right now is I pray. I pray for him, even though I still don't know his name or the look of his face. God knows who he is. And for you, who has the same reason as I am, I am telling you we are special. Save everything for that person that God has destined for you. It feels great to give our all for the one we love and promise to love him/ her in front of every important persons in your life and most especially to God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment