12.21.2011

Life Warriors and Survivors

There's a saying that "Life is a matter of choice". But what if your life that seems perfect has about to end because of the illness called CANCER, is it still a choice? or destiny? Well if it's destiny, now we know that destiny doesn't always have a positive outcome. 

The "incurable" illness that everyone is afraid of...  CANCER. What will you do if you found out that you have this? How will you spend the rest of your time here on earth? Whom do you will spend it with? These are the common questions that were usually asked to people who has cancer. But when I went to an event called Santa Special for Cancer Warriors and Survivors, I met people who inspired me to do this blog. They were amazing. They all experienced and experiencing the pain of Cancer and yet they could afford to smile and have a great time. Why do I capitalized the starting letter of the word Cancer? it is because for them it's a big word. Cancer is their enemy and their best friend at the same time. Enemy because it's the reason why they become hospitalized everytime they need to have their chemo therapy. It's the reason of their pain. It's where their money goes, buying medicines and all. Bestfriend because Cancer cause them to fight for life. And because of Cancer, they met God personally. They gained deep relationship with their Creator. 

Allan had an eye cancer. He's blind and he is just one of the Cancer survivors that I met.

Dr. Stef Dela Cruz, the organizer of Santa Special event

You know what amazed me more when I met these people, they don't look like they have Cancer. They laugh, sing and dance. But the best part was when they shared how God moved in their lives. Even though that they experience sufferings and pain because of Cancer, they still praise God. I almost cry when I heard all the testimonies from the different people that I met. Instead of getting mad and blaming God for all the things that they are experiencing, their faith to God became stronger and deeper. 

The Lord says in Jeremiah 29: 11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

All the cancer survivors and warriors that I met believe that God has a purpose why they got Cancer and it is just one way of God testing their faith and their loved ones faith. They may live longer or not but the most important lesson that they've learned was Cancer brought them to know God deeper.   


No comments:

Post a Comment