6.11.2011

Born to Serve and Lead

The Student Council together with the Council of Leaders, had their first Student Leadership Training for this year at St. Scholastica's Convent, Baguio City last May 29- 31, 2011. I was so blessed because I became part of this leadership training for the 3rd time and learned deeply more about the different Benedictine Leadership.


The module of our leadership training was a little bit different from the past SLTs that we had and I enjoyed it so much because I realized a lot of things about myself and my school. St. Scholastica's College Manila is the second family where I belong now and I am proud that I am a Kulasa because after SLT, I realized the changes that happened to me. My social awareness and my critical thinking developed into a higher level because of the path I chose today.


I am different now because I want to prove to myself that I can do something great for the betterment of others and my country. "I want to make a difference",sounds cliche and overused but this phrase is what I believe in right now and I am preparing myself on the many challenges that I am about to face as a leader, as a student and as a person, and this will definitely help me to attain all the goals that I have in mind. Through the different leadership training and opportunities that St. Scho is giving me,I will always keep in mind the passion that I have since high school, which is serving and leading. 

Though the 3- day leadership training that we had in Baguio was more on enjoyment because we also spent time to check out the beauty of Baguio, we still didn't forget the purpose of our journey there. I think most of us are now ready to serve our fellow Scholasticans. 


We are all ready to face the school year ahead of us. We are all prepared for whatever circumstances a leaders should experience. We are all ready to stand and voice out concerns. After the Student Leadership Training, we're now united and going to work as one. We all have the same passion and one goal, that is to serve and lead. 




No comments:

Post a Comment