8.27.2011

Veronica Guerin: Movie Review

 

Synopsis: Based on a true story, this is about the Irish journalist Veronica Guerin (Cate Blanchett), a reporter for The Sunday Independent, who exposed some of Dublin's most powerful crime barons and drug lords in 1996. But later that year she was gunned down by assassins hired by the same criminal drug lords she exposed. 
I love writing, though I am not that perfect in constructing my ideas yet, I am really practicing to become better and this movie made me love writing more. While I was watching this movie during our Film Appreciation class, I was frightened because I found out that being a journalist is a very dangerous profession.    To the point that you're putting your life on the line. But Veronica Guerin, inspired us. She is a hero. I already thought that she will die in the end but I didn't imagine how brave she was to fight for what she believes in. She was able to get the drug lords put into jail and the people supported her and gave their tributes for what she has done. It was amazing. I literally cried after the movie. I can't imagine how hard it was for her family to lose someone like Veronica Guerin. She also proved to everybody that a woman can also make a change. It was a really nice film. Bravo!

No comments:

Post a Comment