7.15.2011

Dinig Sana Kita (If I knew what you said) Part 2


 Dinig Sana Kita (If I Knew What You Said) by Jojo Armenta

               As I promised last time, I will blog my insights about this beautiful film by Sir Mike Sandejas. Students were all privileged to have Sir Mike, the director of the film, when the film was shown in our school. Dinig Sana Kita was released 2 years ago and I heard about it but I didn't get to watch it because the screening was too far from where I live. I didn't know that this film features Deaf and Mute people, but now they don't want to be called Mute because they could read lips when we talk.

               First of all, this movie is not a love story. Sorry to spoil you but I just want to clarify this because people focus more on the romantic scenes than what the real message of this movie wants to say. I want you  to look deeper more on the meaning of every scenes that you will see in the film. Everything has a meaning and every meaning made the story and the movie itself complete and amazing. Honestly, when I first saw the trailer of this film, I thought it was concentrated on the love story between a deaf guy and a rocker girl. I became excited because the trailer was romantic and we could relate on what the movie is all about.


             The film actually revolved around mostly with Nina and Kiko. They both longed for care and understanding. Kiko was abandoned by his mom when he was still young and was brought to an orphanage where he met his new family who took care of  him until he learned how to become independent. He knew where his mom lives but he never get to know her personally. In this world, I think it is really common for people who are disable to experience unfortunate things because they are disable. The fact that they're disable, some people also look at them as "walang pakinabang" which worsen their "being" disable. Gets? People are too judgmental and passive. Kiko doesn't want his mom to leave him but she still did because she was ashamed of her child who is deaf.

             Kiko strived hard. He was so passionate about dancing and teaching kids who are also deaf and mute. How can he dance? he's deaf. Well, that's the power of vibration. They could feel the rhythm of the song using vibrations. Amazing isn't it? That's why we should not under estimate people who are disable because they could do more that the things that we can do. Even though the're not perfect physically, they're very thankful and appreciative of the things that they have. That is what we should learn form them.

            After Kiko, let's talk about Nina. This girl is really interesting. Btw, the girl in the film who played the role of Nina, was the daughter of the director of this Film. Her name is Zoe Sandejas. Let's go back to Nina, the rocker. She always listens to LOUD music. Literally LOUD! When I first saw her, she was singing as the vocalist of their band, I asked myself, as the usual story there is something wrong with Nina. She looked pale and dry while performing her song. I think you could just count the smile that she did in the movie. I finally found the answer to my curious mind when she got home. She was verbally abused. Now I got it, why she rebelled from her parents and from every opportunities that comes her way. She became tired of listening and following her parents. Nina has a strong personality and yet she can't even explain fluently her side to her Dad,
who always punish and give her lessons. Nina is always brave outside but actually, broke inside.

            I hope this movie will open your mind and straight those narrow thinking. Especially to those parents who doesn't care and don't know how to understand the situation of their child who is disable. This blog is just an insight based from my perspective and own understanding of the film. If you have comments, please feel free to comment.

Thank you for reading this and God bless!=)

No comments:

Post a Comment